Lexye Thiele
I make this all the time, but for some reason I've had a hard time remembering the recipe. At first I couldn't remember if it was 1 can of soup or 2, then I couldn't remember if the chicken goes in frozen or thawed. Today I couldn't remember how long to cook it, so I looked it up and decided it's finally going on the blog. And now I have to hurry to get it in on time.
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg. Italian salad dressing mix (I buy in bulk and use... some. I think a package is about an ounce. I mostly just guess but maybe I'll measure one day and update this)
3-5 frozen chicken breasts (or desired amount)
Soften cream cheese. Mix with soup and dressing mix. Place frozen chicken in crock pot. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. It's nice to cut or shred it a little while before serving. Serve over rice or egg noodles.
I just talked to Lexye & she guessed that there are maybe 2 Tbs in a packet of Italian dressing mix. I'll try that next time, because last time I put in way too much when I guessed.
ReplyDelete